Another HIT in our home last night! Growing up my mom would make a Hamburger Helper boxed meal called Tune Tetrazzini. As crazy as it sounds it was delish and we LOVED it! HAha! I have never tried making my own tuna casserole but for some reason the memory of that boxed dinner sounded good. Also, I wanted to make it easy, just something to throw into a crockpot. Came up with this and it was so good and comforting. Once again, my husband was impressed and my kids wolfed it down.
Start with a spaghetti squash. I love these things! They are so versatile and the perfect filler if you are not using pasta. I use them weekly! I should learn how to grow them!
To make it easy to cut make sure your knife is REALLY sharp. Cut both ends off. Peel the outside skin off.
Cheesy, yummy, melted goodness! This makes a great S meal following the Trim Healthy Mama book!!
I served mine with roasted cauli & zucc and a nice big salad!! YUM!!
An easy Trim Healthy Mama s meal casserole to throw together! Perfect comfort food!
- 1 large spaghetti squash peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 4– small cans of tuna in water, drained (I would use 2 more or use 4 big cans)
- 1– 8 oz package of cream cheese
- 1/2 stick of butter (you can use more if you want)
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp of your favorite Cajun seasoning or other seasoning to taste
- 2 cups of grated cheddar cheese
- salt & pepper to taste
- Cut, peel, and chop the spaghetti squash and put in the bottom of crockpot.
- Slice butter and cream cheese and place on top with seasonings.
- Allow to cook for a couple of hours on low and then stir to break apart the spaghetti squash.
- Add the drained cans of tuna.
- Allow to cook an hour more or two until the squash is completely cooked.
- 30 to 40 minutes before you eat place grated cheese on top and cover.
- Serve it up with your favorite side dish!!
- **Optional, if you want to cook up a box of Dreamsfield Penne Pasta and add this on top to make it go further, you can do that as well.
- Serving Size: 6