I have had a couple of request to THM a Tiramisu! I THINK I might have done it!!!! The hardest part was trying to get a lady finger type of cake in it. I think I did it! This would have been posted a couple weeks ago but through our move I LOST MY RECIPE… AHHH! I could not remember the ingredients for the life of me. Thanking GOD He helped me find it TODAY! I reworked the thing I needed to rework and here we go!!!
I started with my cake. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
Get the dry ingredients ready in the bowl. I used coconut flour for this recipe because I knew it would work better than almond flour for me. I would soak up the coffee liquid without falling apart. You can try it with almond flour (maybe 1/2 a cup more) but just note it might fall apart on you. 🙂 On the coconut flour don’t pack into a measuring cup just scoop and shake off excess.
While this bakes you can prepare the filling and coffee mixture.
Whisk egg yolks and sweetener for 5 minutes until it is a lighter color and very airy. I did this by hand because my hand mixer is broken and my kitchenaid bowl was dirty… way to be lazy, haha. ***NOTE- to temper these eggs so that they are not raw… heat up the 4 tablespoons of heavy cream on medium heat in a double boiler and slowly mix in the egg yolk mixture into the cream. Stir.
This is an S dessert (only way to eat this in my opinion) if you are one of my fellow THMer’s!! Find out about Trim Healthy Mama here!!
A TIRAMISU for the THMer!!! It is also gluten free and lower in carb!! An S dessert!
- 1/2 cup store bought coconut flour
- 1/2 cup melted unsalted butter
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3 tbsp. THM Sweet Blend (or you can use 5 tbsp. Truvia or 1/2 cup Xylitol)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- sprinkle of salt
- Liquid coffee mixture-
- 1/2 cup coffee
- 1 tsp THM Sweet Blend (or twice the amount of your favorite sweetener)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp rum extract (I don’t use the real stuff)
- sprinkle of salt (to bring out the flavor)
- Cream Filling Mixture-
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tbsp. THM Sweet Blend (or twice as much of your favorite sweetner)
- 1 tbsp. coffee (room temp)
- 1– 8 oz package of cream cheese room temp
- 4 tbsp. of heavy whipping cream
- 1/2–1 tsp of rum extract (depends on how much rum taste you like)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Sprinkle of salt
- 1/2 tbsp. cocoa powder
- 2 pieces of 85% dark chocolate bar chopped fine
- Mix dry ingredients till combined.
- Add eggs, vanilla and mix.
- Add melted butter and mix.
- Preheat over to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9X13 baking dish.
- Spread batter into pan and bake for 20 minutes.
- Take out and run a knife along the edges.
- Cut into lady finger shapes.
- Brush coffee mixture over the cake with a brush till soaked.
- Line the bottom of a 9X9 or 8X8 glass dish with half of the cake.
- Cream Filling-
- Whisk egg yolks and sweetener together for 5 minutes until light and airy.
- Heat up the 4 tablespoons of heavy cream on medium heat in a double boiler not to boiling.
- Slowly mix in the egg yolk mixture into the cream. Stir.
- Add in the cream cheese and remaining cream ingredients and mix well.
- Spread half of the cream mixture over the top of the first cake layer.
- Put the rest of the cake layer on top.
- Add the remaining cream filling over the top of the last cake layer.
- Sprinkle the cocoa powder over the top of the Tiramisu along with the chocolate.
- Cut into six to 8 pieces and enjoy!!
- Serving Size: 8