Sour Cream Beef Enchiladas
These are by far my favorite in my line of “enchiladas”! I put a short version of these up on my facebook page but I wanted to put these up here so it’s easier to come back too.
Start with browning your beef. Or you could follow my recipe for crockpot tacos (using beef instead of turkey meat) here… Easy Crockpot Tacos. Add a can of rotel & spices to the ground beef or follow the recipe for the Easy Crockpot Tacos.
Get a big 9X13 backing dish. Take a (low carb Mission Carb Balance Whole Wheat) tortilla, stuff it full with taco meat and cheese.
Roll up and continue until the pan is full.
Cover with the sour cream sauce that you make in the blender.
Here is the link to the sauce: Creamy Jalapeno Ranch
Sprinkle with cheese.
Add some chopped onions on top or even cilantro (my favorite).
Cover with foil and bake.
Serve this with delicious guacamole or a queso with salad and salsa!!
How yummy does that look? It is so good! This is an S dish if you follow Trim Healthy Mama! The serving size should be 2 enchiladas so pack them full of taco meat and cheese! If you do not want to use the Low Carb tortillas try this as a casserole layered with Dreamfield’s Pasta or Joseph’s Lavash Bread (put meat, cheese, onions, lavash or pasta, salsa, repeat, top with cheese & onions an bake the same as this recipe) or have a gluten allergy try this over spaghetti squash or zucchini noodles! This would even be amazing over cauliflower or broccoli!
Awesome low carb sour cream beef enchiladas.
- 2 lbs of ground beef browned
- 1 can of rotel drained
- 1 packages of Low Carb Tortillas Whole Wheat (I use the Carb Balance Whole Wheat Mission Tortillas)
- Taco Seasoning to taste
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 or more cups of shredded cheddar cheese
- 1– 8 oz package of cream cheese (I used 1/3 less fat)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup of chicken broth or water
- 1– jalapeno seeded & cored
- 1 handful of cilantro cleaned
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
- Brown the ground beef.
- Add taco seasoning and a canned of drained rotel (diced tomatoes and green onions).
- Spray lightly a 9X13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Take a tortilla, fill with beef & cheese, roll up.
- Continue the above step till pan is full.
- In a blender add cream cheese, sour cream, broth or water, jalapenos, cilantro, garlic & onion powder, & salt.
- Blend well.
- Pour over rolled enchiladas.
- Cover with cheese.
- Top with onions.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes or until cheese has melted and dish is heated through.
- **Note if you cannot find the lower carb (3 carbs per tortilla), you could also make this as a casserole with out the tortillas, add extra cheese, more veggies & use another form of low carb lavash or pita (toasted) as chips & make an awesome dip! Or put it over spaghetti squash or even the Dreamfield Pasta!