(This post may include affiliate links. This does not cost you anything extra if you choose to purchase through my affiliate link. Thank you for helping support my blog.)
Mexican Chocolate Mousse-
I created this recipe a while back but am just FINISHING it. LIFE HAS BEEN BUSY LATELY!
This recipe is a simple one. With few ingredients and mostly ones you have around the house… except maybe for the THM Gentle Sweet & maybe the Mexican Vanilla.
I love Mexican Vanilla! Seriously! It gives such a warm almost cinnamony flavor to whatever it is added to.
THM GENTLE SWEET IS MY FAVORITE SWEETENER!!! You can purchase through my affiliate link here: THM GENTLE SWEET
I use Danncy’s Mexican Vanilla that I buy through Amazon. Here is my affiliate link to Amazon if you would like to purchase or a few other goodies…
This is my husband’s absolute favorite dessert right now. The cool thing is it’s totally on plan and I don’t have to feel guilty about making this for him.
No sugar or any other yucky stuff in it. And if you are a Trim Healthy Mama or on a Low Carb Diet this will work for you! It’s a THM S!
A decadent low carb and sugar free dessert that is easy to put together but oh so yummy!
- 1- 8 oz package of cream cheese (you can use 1/3 less fat kind as well)
- 1 tsp of Mexican Vanilla (I love Danncy brand but you can use regular if you don’t have this, it just makes it that much better)
- 1/3 cup THM Gentle Sweet (if you are using Truvia or Pyure use 1/4 a cup, if using THM Super Sweet us 2 tablespoons, if you are using Swerve or Xylitol use 1/2 cup to 2/3 cup)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- a pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp. Hershey’s Special Dark cocoa powder (or whatever kind you have available)
- 1 1/2 cups of heavy whipping cream
- *sliced strawberries for topping
- *slivered almonds for topping
- Blend the cream cheese, vanilla and THM Gentle Sweet together with an electric mixer until well mixed.
- Add the cocoa powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- Blend together till combined.
- Add the heavy whipping cream.
- Blend well on high speed.
- This should only take 40 seconds or so.
- No more than 1 minute until you get a mousse consistency.
- Scoop into small bowls.
- Refrigerate for 20 minutes or until chilled (if you can wait).
- Top with whipped cream, strawberries and slivered almonds.
- You could also top with chocolate chips (Lily’s is a great brand) or pecans or toasted coconut shreds.
- Should serve 5 or 6.
- Serving Size: 5