Well, after years and years of trying to make a good ranch, I finally found the one I LOVE!!!! And seriously, I love love love this one so much, I make it weekly. I am a Ranch girl! There is NO WAY I could ever ever go back to bottled… gag. Besides all that, this ranch is really easy with ingredients you have right in your kitchen!
This calls for a “buttermilk” but since I never have buttermilk on hand I make my own with Half & Half & white vinegar. I want to keep this in the lower carb to keep on plan for an S meal! Keep it in an air tight glass container and it should last you a week at least!
I serve this yumminess on all kinds of things! I have a taco salad that I put this on but I add pickled jalapenos and a little chopped cilantro to it. I serve as a dressing over salads & as a veggie dip. Hope you enjoy this easy, yummy, frugal (because isn’t homemade cheaper than bottles?) Homemade Ranch Dressing!
This is a big tweak from a recipe a family friend allowed me to post to my blog… you can find her recipe here: Festive PastaPrint
An Easy Homemade Ranch Dressing that you can tweak to fit all your needs! THM Approved!
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 2 tbsp. white vinegar (mixed into the half and half)
- 1/2 cup of greek yogurt or sour cream (I’ve made it both ways)
- 1/2 cup of good real or homemade mayo
- 1 tsp salt
- pepper to taste
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 4 tbsp. parmesan cheese that you find in the green container
- 1 tbsp. dried parsley
- *option- 2 tbsp. chopped pickled jalapenos, fresh chopped cilantro, fresh chopped chives
- Mix the vinegar into the half and half and set aside while you gather the other ingredients, this will thicken slightly and create a buttermilk texture.
- Mix all ingredients together.
- You can thin this down with a little water or more half and half.
- Store in an air tight container.