Most of y’all know by now that I am a southern Texas girl… and down here in Texas there are a few things you have to get right. One, you don’t mess with TEXAS and two, you have to have good TexMex Food! And we love our TexMex Food! There is usually a taco stand/shop on every corner… more so than Starbucks. And on that TexMex food you have to have two things… a good salsa and a good guacamole! I’ve been making guacamole since I was little. But when I was growing up we use a package for the spices… no no no and no! Not only is that not cool but one day I read the ingredients… YUK! About half the ingredients I couldn’t pronounce. THAT does not belong in good guacamole. Guacamole is fresh, salty, and full or color and flavor.
Here is my version of Homemade Guacamole and I know you will enjoy this! No hidden ingredients! Very simple ingredients, in fact. Almost everything thing could even come from your garden if you have a green thumb and a lime tree! Ha!
How beautiful is this?? I have a LOVE for colorful food. It just tastes better!
I serve my guacamole on many things… taco salad, tacos, enchiladas, chili, tortilla soup, etc etc etc. For my Trim Healthy Mama buddies this is an S. But if you really need that crunch, serve it with some Bake Blue Corn Tortilla Chips… beautiful and fresh and amazing! Perfect summer food or impress your friends by bringing it to a party! 😉 No need to thank me! 😉Print
An AMAZING Homemade Guacamole. Simple, fresh, easy, delicious!
- 2– avocados – not too firm
- 1/4 a cup of red onion chopped
- 1 small roma tomato chopped
- A handful of fresh cilantro
- 1/2 a lime
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder (or you can use a finely chopped garlic clove)
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp cuman powder
- Cut the avocado in half.
- Cut slices down and then cut slices across in the avocado meat still in the shell.
- Squeeze the shell till all the meat of the avocado comes out into a bowl.
- Add all the ingredients.
- Squeeze lime over the guacamole.
- Mix as fine as you want (less for bigger chunks).
- Enjoy over taco salad, tacos, enchiladas, tortilla soup, etc.
- Serving Size: 6