Harvest Stew is a family favorite during fall! It’s not the average stew. It has a richer more fallish flavor.
I include lots of fall vegetables into this stew and keep some of the original veggies out (corn, potato.)
I hope you give this one a shot, even with the unusual spices. It really is something comforting!
Hope you enjoy this THM S dinner!Print
Harvest Stew- a rich comforting stew that is great for a THM fall dinner!
- 2 lbs of beef stew meat cut into bite size pieces
- 2 tbsp. of butter or red palm oil
- 3 oz of tomato paste (half of a small can)
- 8 cups of low sodium beef froth
- 1/2 of a butternut squash cut into bite size pieces
- 2 yellow squashes chunked
- 2 zucchinis chunked
- 1 cup of mushrooms chunked
- 1/2 cup of onion chopped
- 1/2 cup of bell pepper chopped
- 1 tsp of rosemary
- 1 tsp of thyme
- 1 tbsp of garlic powder
- salt & pepper
- 1 tsp of Allspice
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp of Nutmeg
- 2 tbsp. of Worcestershire Sauce
- ** you could also add radishes, kale, spinach
- Mix the spices into a big ziplock bag.
- Add the meat to the bag and shake till the meat is coated.
- Get a big dutch oven with the butter or oil on medium high heat.
- Brown the meat well.
- Add in the vegetables and beef broth.
- Add in salt to taste.
- Add in tomato paste and Worcestershire Sauce.
- Mix well.
- Allow to simmer all day until dinner time.
- Serve by it’s self or over Dreamfields pasta.
- Enjoy- this THM S stew.
- Serving Size: 8