I’ve had a lot of people ask me what Egg Tacos are…
Down here in the south of Texas, Egg Tacos are just the norm.
We have taco shops on almost every corner.
Taco shops are probably as popular as Starbucks, down here.
Eggs are the main base of the egg tacos (Obviously) but there are SO MANY variations.
For my Egg Tacos this morn, I used veggies, bacon and cheese.
For the topping, I added sour cream, salsa, cilantro, and a few fresh tomatoes.
For my Trim Healthy Mama friends these tacos are an S.
I use a low carb Whole Wheat tortilla with 3 grams of carbs per tortilla.
And if you really want to dress it up you can, you can add a small crumble of Bake Blue Corn Tortilla Chips.Print
Egg Tacos- a protein packed breakfast taco that is super tasty!
- 4–6 eggs
- 1/4 cup of chopped onion
- 2 chopped mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped bell pepper
- 4 strips of bacon chopped
- 2 tbsp. of butter
- 4 low carb tortillas
- salt & pepper to taste
- grated cheese
- sour cream
- baked blue corn tortilla chips
- chopped cilantro
- Cook the chopped bacon and veggies together.
- Scoop the bacon and veggies off and place on a paper towel.
- Pour off the bacon grease.
- Add the butter to the skillet.
- Add the eggs, veggies and bacon to the butter.
- Cook the eggs until they are slightly wet, then add the grated cheese.
- Add salt & pepper to taste.
- Set up tacos the way you like them.
- Serving Size: 2