(This post contains affiliate links.)
Cowboy Cookie Protein Bites- THM S, LOW CARB
My Cowboy Cookies have always been a huge hit with people, and the dough especially. I made these Cowboy Cookie Protein Bites because I didn’t want to contribute to you eating raw eggs and getting sick (just kidding, I eat raw dough ALL THE TIME). But still, these Protein bites have all the taste and non of the caution. haha.
My kids could not get enough of these. This little one I kept trying to sneak them while I was trying to get photos…
They are low carb and are simple to make. The only have 2 tbsps. of old fashioned oats in the whole batch bringing the carb count to a carb per bite.
If you absolutely don’t want the ground oats just add 2 tbsps. of oat fiber or almond flour or even peanut flour.
And they are very versatile!
If you follow Trim Healthy Mama these are an S.
I used THM Whey Protein which I have found to be THE BEST tasting protein.
I also used THM Gentle Sweet which, honestly, I cannot find a better sweetener.
If you would like to purchase the THM Whey here is my affiliate link: THM Pristine Whey Protein Powder
If you would like to purchase the THM Gentle Sweet here is my affiliate link: THM Gentle Sweet
If you would like to purchase the THM Chocolate Chips here is my affiliate link: THM Chocolate Chips
If you would like to purchase the THM Mineral Salt here is my affiliate link: THM Mineral Salt
If you are wondering about the THM lifestyle please purchase the THM Planbook with my affiliate link: Trim Healthy Mama PlanbookPrint
If you are a cowboy cookie fan you will love these protein bites!
- 1/2 cup of unsalted butter (1 stick) (you can use coconut oil but you will have to keep the bites frozen)
- 5 tbsps. of THM Gentle Sweet (if you are using Truvia or Pyure use 3 to 4 tbsps., if using Swerve us 1/3 to 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup of THM Pristine Whey Protein Powder
- 2 tbsps. of old fashioned oats chopped fine (if you would rather not use this you can just add in more almond flour 2 tbsp. or add in 2 tbsps. of oat fiber or even peanut flour)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp Black Strap molasses
- A good pinch of mineral salt
- 1/2 cup of pecans or walnuts or almonds
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup of THM Chocolate chips (if you cannot find those use Lily’s Stevia Sweetened chips or even a dark chocolate bar chopped)
- Place butter and sweetener in a big bowl and mix with hand held mixer until whipped together.
- Add in almond flour, protein powder, and oats or one of the other options.
- Mix well.
- Add in vanilla, molasses and salt.
- Mix together the nuts, chips and coconut shreds.
- Mix well and place 1 well rounded tsp or for a bigger bite a tbsp. of dough on to a cookie sheet covered in parchment or wax paper.
- Freeze until cold.
- Store in a container in fridge or freezer.
- These are about a carb each ball.