Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
This bread has always been a staple in my kitchen every year.
Just something we always make for the holiday season or take to any party or event.
But I’ll admit that it usually is the sugar-filled recipe that I make.
THIS YEAR, I decided I had to make a THM (Trim Healthy Mama) version so I wouldn’t be tempted to cheat with this.
I love the recipe that I came up with to replace the sugary one!
Honestly, you won’t even miss the regular sugar pumpkin bread!
I put it to the test on my husband… and he LOVED this! Yay!
This makes two loaves! And believe me, you will like that. One to eat right away and one to freeze for later!
Plus… this is made with the THM Baking Blend so you get less of that higher cal nut flours. You could use nut flour, if you need. My tips for that are in the recipe below. I also love the THM Gentle Sweet! That is by far my favorite sweetener! I do give tips for using other sweeteners, though!
Since there is butter in this recipe, it is a THM S meaning, it’s Lower carb.
This is so easy to make! Give it a try and take it with you to an event… I bet no one will know it’s not the “REAL THING”!
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread- a traditional dessert made sugar free with a YUMMY taste!
- 2 cups THM Baking Blend (if you do not have this, try 2 cup of almond flour and ¼ cup of coconut flour)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 & 1/2 tsp pumpkin spice seasoning (you could use a mix of cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves & ginger)
- 1 & 1/4 cup THM Gentle Sweet (you could use 1 & ¾ cup of xylitol or Swerve or ¾ cup of Pyure, if using THM Super Sweet try ½ cup)
- 1 cup of unsalted butter (2 sticks)
- 4 eggs room temp
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cashew milk, almond milk, coconut milk or heavy whip
- 1-15 oz can of pure pumpkin
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup pecans chopped
- 1 cup Lily’s Chocolate Chips or THM Chocolate Chips
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Spray or grease two loaf pans.
In a mixing bowl add and mix all dry ingredients.
In a big bowl add butter, sweetener, eggs, pumpkin, cashew or milk of choice and vanilla.
Add dry ingredients and mix well.
Add chocolate chips and nuts.
Pour equally into the two loaf pans.
Bake for 50 minutes. At 30 minutes cover with foil.
Butter and EAT!