Catalina Dressing on a Goat Cheese Salad (THM S, LOW CARB)
(Affiliate links below)
Did y’all ever have this dressing growing up? It’s something I remember from my childhood.
I knew it was very sugary because of the sweetness of the dressing.
THIS is the reason why I had to THM this dressing!
WOW! WINNER!!! I LOVE LOVE this dressing!
My sixteen year old daughter who does not like any kind of vinegar dressing actually loved this and requested a salad with this dressing today! WIN FOR MOM!
So here you go, a THM S, LOW CARB, Sugar Free, Catalina dressing!!
I hope you enjoy as much as I did! Let me know what you think!Print
Catalina Dressing- a sweet tangy dressing made from great ingredients without all that sugar. Low carb & THM friendly!
- 1/2 cup plus 3 tbsp. of canned tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup THM Gentle Sweet or 1/2 a cup of erythitol or xylitol
- 1/3 cup of red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup of avocado oil or olive oil
- 1/2 tsp of Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp of garlic POWDER not salt
- 1 tsp of onion powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 to 1 tsp of pink mineral salt… start with a little and add more if needed
- pepper to taste
- 1 head of Iceberg lettuce or favorite lettuce cold
- Goat cheese sprinkles for topping
- 1/4 cup of thin sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup of pecans
- 4 cherry tomatoes cut up
- ** optional – 1/2 cup of cooked chicken or bacon
In a bowl mix all ingredients well.
Cut up chunks of lettuces. Sprinkle with goat cheese, nuts, onion slices, tomatoes and meats.
Pour dressing over the top and add salt and pepper.
Keep in an air tight container in the fridge.
** Affiliate Links above