Zucchini Cheesy Pannies
Eek what a name. I am sorry about the strange name but honestly I could not come up with a better one. I absolutely love these guys! They are amazing little pancake zucchini cheesy pannies! Super easy to make and will work for your protein needs too!
They are an S for my THM buddies! They have only three ingredients plus salt. I am going to experiment with these to make a sweet one but for now, I wanted to share!
Start by shredding the zucchini and then salting and stirring. Set it aside in a strainer for probably 10 minutes while you get the other ingredients together. It helps drain out the excess water. I then press it down in the strainer with a paper towel or a clean dish towel. Once that’s done you just need two other ingredients! That simple.
All you skillet to get heated up, add butter or your coconut oil spray or use a griddle.
Hope you enjoy these as much as I do! I served with BACON! But turkey sausage or regular sausage is great too!
- 3 medium zucchinis- shredded & salted
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup of mozzarella cheese- shredded
- Shred the zucchini and salt.
- Set in a strainer and cover with a dish towel or paper towels.
- Allow to sit for 10 minutes.
- In a bowl crack the eggs.
- Heat a griddle or a skillet (if it's a skillet coat with butter or spray with coconut spray to keep the zucchini pannies from sticking).
- Press the zucchini with the towels and squeeze as much of the water out as your can.
- Place the zucchini in the bowl with the eggs.
- Add the cheese.
- Mix well.
- Take about 1/3 cup and pour onto the skillet or griddle.
- Allow to cook until it looks cooked and the bottom turns a warm brown color and is easy to flip.
- (should take about a minute or so)
- Flip and cook the other side.
- Enjoy with a couple strips of bacon or sausage!