-Yellow Squash Casserole-
I am so looking forward to sharing this Trim Healthy Mama take on Yellow Squash Casserole!
Yellow Squash Casserole is my favorite casserole to have at Thanksgiving dinner.
However, with it being full of bread crumbs, it’s NOT on plan!
And if you trust my husband’s taste buds, he says it’s BETTER than the original!
This casserole feeds at least eight people.
If you would like to learn more about Trim Healthy Mama or purchase any of the products here is my affiliate link to the >THM Store<
- 4 large yellow summer squashes chopped into chunks
- 1/2 an onion chopped small
- 1 medium carrot grated (this is optional)
- 1/4 cup of butter
- 1 8oz package of 1/3 less fat cream cheese
- 1/4 cup half & half or heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp poultry seasoning
- 2 cups of cheddar cheese
- salt & pepper to taste
- Filling & Topping
- 1 1/2 cup of almond flour
- 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp. melted butter
- 1 tbsp. THM Gentle Sweet (or 1/2 tbsp. Truvia, or 2 tsp THM Sweet Blend, more for Xylitol or Erythitol)
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
- Chop all vegetables.
- In a sauce pan, place the butter on medium and allow to melt and heat up.
- Mix in the squash and onion.
- Cook down for 5 to 7 minutes on medium.
- Add in the cream cheese & cream or half and half.
- Stir till melted and combined.
- Add in seasonings and mix.
- Add cheese and carrots.
- Preheat oven to 375 degress.
- Mix together the Filling and Topping ingredients.
- Reserve 1/2 a cup for the topping.
- Mix in the other part into the squash mixture.
- Place in a 2 quart baking dish.
- Sprinkle with the remaining topping.
- Bake for 30-45 minutes
- The Carrot is optional. I like the taste of it but it's optional.