Hmm… seems like I am on a dessert kick lately. I promise to do more non-dessert after Christmas! lol I just can’t help myself!
Holidays just scream dessert to me! Usually I would buy probably 10 POUNDS of sugar, flour, and butter to last me through Thanksgiving and Christmas… oh my!
Now I have my favorite THM Sweetener and my poor old flour and sugar have been sitting there (probably should just throw it out).
Sooooo… here we go with these yummies! Turtle Cheesecake Bars!!!!!!
Next, next press into a 9X13 baking dish that has been heavily greased (I use the organic coconut oil spray from Trader Joe’s). Use your fingers and press it down until it covers the bottom completely.
Set aside to cool while you start your filling mixture.
Combine the cream cheese (and you can use 1/3 fat cream cheese if you want to), eggs, sweetener, & vanilla. (you can use the Basic Cheesecake recipe from the Trim Healthy Mama Book on page 373 if you’d rather)
Allow to cool for 5 minutes or so.
While the cheesecake cools whip up some of this most amazing delicious THM Caramel Sauce from Jess. Seriously y’all, I could DRINK this, it’s so good! I mean, you HAVE to make this and KEEP it on hand… Jess suggested drizzling it over a cup of coffee… uh YUM! I think I would rather drink this with a drizzle of coffee. HAHA (0bsessed)! Ok, sorry got a little carried away.
- 2 cups of almond flour
- 1/4 cup of unsalted butter room temp or warmed
- 1 tbsp. THM Sweet Blend (or 2 tbsp. Truvia or your favorite sweetener)
- Sprinkle of Salt
- 2- 8 oz. packages of cream cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- 2 tbsp. of THM Sweet Blend (or 1/4 cup of Truvia or your favorite sweetener)
- Jess's Trim Healthy Mama Caramel Sauce http://simplyhealthyhome.com/trim-healthy-mama-caramel-sauce/
- Half of a 3.5oz bar of 85% dark chocolate chopped
- 1/2 cup pecans chopped
- Mix dry ingredients with the warmed butter.
- Mix until a dough ball is formed.
- Grease a 9X13 baking dish well and press dough completely into the bottom of pan with your fingers.
- Bake the crust for 350 degrees at 15 to 20 minutes until it is golden brown.
- Allow to cool.
- Mix cream cheese, eggs, sweetener, and vanilla together well.
- Pour into cooled crust and bake for 25 to 30 minutes on 350 degrees until you get golden brown touches to the cheesecake.
- Allow to cool for 5 or so minutes before adding the chocolate/pecan pieces on top.
- Chop the pecans & chocolate up and mix together.
- Whip up a mixture of the caramel sauce.
- Add pecan and chocolate on top of the warm cake.
- Drizzle the caramel sauce over the top.
- Pop in the fridge for an hour then cut up into squares or bars.