EEEKKKK I LOVE THIS RECIPE SO MUCH!!!!! Ok y’all, I’m down here in the South and we LOVE beans and cornbread, right?! I’ve tried a couple times making cornbread but have not been able to get it right… until NOW!! This was a serious hit for my family! Especially my husband!!!
Now the only only thing that might be an issue is the flours are both store bought special items… boo. I know, I know… hope you don’t get mad at me for that. Now, I found the Sprouted Whole Wheat flour at my local health food store and the Sprouted Blue Corn flour at vitacost.com. I didn’t think they were too expensive at all but if you know of a way to make the sprouted flours yourself… do it!!! And then tell me how! 😉
Ok so most cornbread recipes I found are full of fat and high carb white flour and yellow corn flour. This literally has 6 grams of fat for the WHOLE recipe… YES!!!!! And if you cut this into 8 pieces which is very generous you are looking at about 12.5 carbs! That’s it y’all!!! Bring on the beans or the chicken tortilla soup!!
All my Trim Healthy Mama buddies will be happy… except maybe the whole special order flour… 🙁 again, don’t be too mad at me! How about some links to the stuff? Now, these are my affiliate links… you totally can find the sprouted whole wheat flour cheaper for sure! But that’s what it looks like! I think the sprout blue corn flour is actually not too high on amazon!
Now for my Trim Healthy Mama buddies this is an E! What to know what Trim Healthy Mama is… click here.
- 1 cup of Sprouted Blue Corn Flour
- 3/4 cup of Sprouted Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 cup of 0% greek yogurt
- 5 egg whites
- Sprinkle of salt
- 1/4 tsp THM Sweet Blend (more if you like it sweeter)
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 4 tbsp. water
- Mix the dry ingredients together well.
- Add in the wet ingredients one at a time and mix well.
- Lightly spray a round pie dish or 8X8 baking dish.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- The top will have golden brown touches to it.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes if you can!
- The greek yogurt makes this moist and not dry! Very happy with this!