-Sweet Southern BBQ Sauce-
Well, as I am sure y’all know by now, I am a southern gal! We live here in the beautiful Hill Country of Texas. And if you know anything, you know Texas is known for BBQ! We do love our BBQ here!
My husband makes a mean smoked brisket and amazing smoked chicken.
So having a BBQ sauce to dip our chicken or brisket in is a must. We don’t put our BBQ sauce on our meat, we have a dry rub for that, but we do have to have a sauce to dip it in.
But that’s not even why I created this sauce. I created it to put on Chicken BBQ Pizza! Yeah, it’s a thing and it’s amazing!!
I hope you enjoy this BBQ sauce! It works perfectly on plan for my fellow Trim Healthy Mama’s! It is an FP so you can use it for low fat or heavy fat meats! It’s a sweet spicy (but not hot) sauce.
I used the THM Gentle Sweet so you don’t have to worry about hidden sugars… and man, most BBQ sauces have tons of sugar in them! If you would like to purchase the THM Gentle Sweet, you can through my affiliate link here… THM GENTLE SWEET AFFILIATE LINK
- 4 tbsp. of tomato paste
- 1/2 cup of water (if you like a thicker sauce use 1/3 cup of water and add a tbsp. at a time to get the thickens that you want)
- 1 tbsp. plus 1 tsp of THM Gentle Sweet (if using Truvia or Pyure use 1 tbsp. spoon, if using Swerve or Xylitol use 2 to 4 tbsp.)
- 1/2 tsp of Allspice ( you can add more if you like it more spicy)
- 1/4 tsp of Nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- 2 to 3 dashes of Lea & Perrins Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/2 a tsp of Liquid Smoke (I find this at my local grocery store in the BBQ Sauce aisle)
- 1/2 tsp of sea salt or mineral salt or to taste
- 1/2 tsp of black pepper
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Heat up in a small sauce pan on the stove on medium low till heated through.