I love Stuffed Bell Peppers! My mom used to make them for us when I was growing up! But it had white rice and cream of mushroom soup in it. I created a recipe last year that was more of a Low Carb version. But tonight I just wanted something a little easier with less clean up! And WHO doesn’t love a One Pot dinner? I do I do!! Not a bunch of mess and clean up…
And if you are a Trim Healthy Mama, like me… this is considered an S meal!
NOTE*** It can also be turned into an E meal by excluding the butter, heavy whipping cream, cheese, and using a lean ground turkey. Also, by adding in four cups of cooked brown rice or quinoa and about 1 to 2 cups of fat free chicken broth!
So here is my take on Stuffed Bell Peppers in a Pot!
Brown the ground beef well and add in all the vegetables! This makes a pretty pot of veggies. And, as you should know by now, I love RED BELL PEPPERS!!! They have a sweeter lighter taste! I think it’s the color, happy eating! By the way, I LOVE using my dutch oven! If you don’t have one, you should save up or ask for one for a special occasion! My husband has bought me one for my birthday and for Christmas. Here is what it looks like and this is my affiliate link if you choose to buy it.
- 2.5 lbs of ground beef or turkey
- 4 to 6 cups of shredded cabbage (if you really want to speed up the process add in a medium bag of coleslaw mix)
- 2 bell peppers of choice rough chopped (I chose red bell peppers and kept it to big chunks)
- 2 zucchinis chopped
- 1/2 a medium onion chopped
- 6 large mushrooms chopped (you can leave them out but I love them)
- 1/4 cup of butter (more if you like it really buttery)
- 1/2 cup of heavy whipping cream
- 1.5 to 2 cup of mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1/3 cup of parmesan cheese (grated in the green container
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp of garlic powder
- 1 tsp of onion powder
- Brown the ground beef in a big pot.
- Chop up all vegetables and added to cooked ground beef.
- Allow vegetables to cook for 10-15 minutes.
- Add seasoning.
- Add the butter and heavy whip.
- Mix well.
- Add in the cheese and take off the heat!
- Stir once.
- Scoop up and enjoy!
- This is great with a salad!