Spicy Bean Soup (THM E)… easy easy easy! This is one of those meals that you can prepare in literally minutes!!
I love easy… you could probably put this in a crockpot as well and just let it cook away.
Simple ingredients but PACKED with flavor! A great E meal choice too!
Hardest part is opening the cans! 😉
Open the cans… drain the cans, add the green chilies and green chilies and tomatoes.
Add the spices. Add the fat free chicken broth. Add the cooked chicken breasts.
Allow to cook on low/medium until heated through.
Add fresh cilantro and stir.
You are done. Serve with a dollop of low fat sour cream or greek yogurt, salsa, or a sprinkle of parmesan cheese.
An E-asy (haha) E meal! Gotta get those good E meals in! Trim Healthy Mama is not Trim Healthy Mama without the E’s!
- 4 cans of beans (I used pinto, navy, black) drained
- 1 can of Rotel (green chilies and tomatoes) do not drain
- 1 small can of green chilies do not drain
- 6 cups of fat free chicken broth
- 2 cups of cooked chicken breast.
- 2 tbsp. cumin
- 1 tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tbsp. onion powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- A handful of fresh cilantro chopped and added at the end
- Open and drain all the cans of beans.
- Add to a big pot.
- Add the cans of Rotel & green chilies (do not drain).
- Add the chicken broth and chicken.
- Add all the spices.
- Allow to simmer on low/medium until heated through.
- Add the chopped cilantro.
- Optional toppings: salsa, dollop of low fat sour cream or greek yogurt, or a sprinkle of parmesan cheese.
- **Note this is SPICY so if you don't like as much spice use less of the chili powder and make sure your Rotel is mild.