I love Chicken Salad! It’s one of my most favorite lunches. But adding in roasted red bell peppers to make Red Bell Pepper Chicken Salad, kicks it up a notch!
This lunch is on the easy side using canned chicken but you can use rotisserie or shredded chicken as well!
Here is a photo of some of the ingredients…
I used the 3 lb can from Sam’s. After you drain it, it gives you about 2 lbs of chicken.
Next, you have to have the Mezzetta Red Bell Peppers, ok well you don’t HAVE to have them but it really makes this dish!!
Also, you want a good real mayo or you can make your own!!
Drain the chicken well.
Chop all the ingredients up well and add to the chicken.
Add the mayo, sweetener and spices!! Mix well. I use and LOVE KAL Liquid Stevia and I buy this bottle and it lasts a couple months…. Pure Stevia Liquid Extract – 4 oz – Liquid
<—click here (affiliate link). But you can use any sweetener you want too! You can also go to the Trim Healthy Mama store <– click to go to the store (affiliate link) and by an on plan sweetener like THM Sweet Blend which I LOVE and Pure Stevia or the Erythitol!!
Now for the breading, I took the recipe for the Bread in a Mug on page 265 of the Trim Healthy Mama Book and mixed the ingredients but used butter instead of coconut oil. I sprayed a glass baking loaf dish, put the bread mix in and microwaved it. Once it was finished, I flipped it out and toasted it in the oven for a little bit with a touch of butter on top… so sooooo good!
I cut each bread in half to make a sandwich. I made two… one for me and one for my daughter.
This chicken salad feeds several. You can take this to an event or party with crisp veggies instead of bread or you can place this into a wrap or even toast up Joseph Pita’s to scoop it out with!
- 1 large rotisserie chicken de-boned or 1- 3 lb can of chicken breast from Sam's
- 3/4 to 1 cup of real mayo
- 1 cup of Mezzetta Roasted Red Bell Peppers chopped
- 1/4 cup of dill relish
- 4 large celery sticks chopped fine
- 1 dropper full of KAL Liquid Stevia or 1/2 to 1 tsp THM Sweet Blend or twice as much Truvia
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Paprika to finish
- 1 Bread in a Mug (S) recipe (pg 265) for one sandwich, replacing coconut oil with butter.
- You can also use the NEW THM BAKING BLEND!!
- Chop up the chicken if it is rotisserie.
- Drain the canned chicken (if using can) well.
- Chop all vegetables as needed.
- Add mayo, sweetener, and seasonings.
- Mix well.
- Spray or butter a loaf pan.
- Mix bread in a mug ingredients from the Trim Healthy Mama book.
- Place Bread in a Mug batter into the loaf dish and microwave.
- Butter and toast.