These are amazing little THM cookies!! Not only that but they are Dairy Free, Nut Free (there is an option to put nuts in it), low carb, full of fiber, but also VERY GOOD!!!!! These cookies are packed with wonderful fats and just plain tasty! They remind me of Pumpkin Pie so I named them Pumpkin Pie Cookies!!!
Mix the dry ingredients together first then add the wet ingredients. I made sure that the eggs and coconut oil were room temp.
Also, I bought my oat fiber from www.netrition.com. When I run out I will be buying my at www.trimhealthymama.com
Now I scooped these out with a 2 tbsp. cookie scoop. You want to leave these in a ball like form so they will stay moist inside. Coconut flour tends to dry out so the more moister you can retain the better the cookies will be!!
Allow to cool if you can, for just about 5 minutes because they harden up a little. If you eat them right away not only will you burn your mouth (ha) but they might fall apart. Once they have cooled a little they are perfect!!
Now for an extra treat… I made a batch of skinny chocolate, popped the cookies in a freezer for a little bit, and drizzled them completely with skinny chocolate. OH YUM! Now for this batch I added about 1/2 a cup of walnuts to the batter. It made the whole experience even more wonderful!!!! So if you can have some kind of nuts do… makes thing yummy something even better!!!
These are an S for my Trim Healthy Mama Buddies!!
- 1 cup of coconut flour (scoop and shake, do not pack)
- 1 cup of coconut oil (mine was room temperature to make it easy to mix)
- 3/4 cup to 1 cup of Swerve Sweetener- to your taste (you can use 1/4 cup of THM SWEET BLEND or your favorite sweetener but I used this because I was running low on my THM Sweet Blend that I LOVE)
- 1/4 cup of oat fiber (you can use almond flour or more coconut flour if you do not have oat fiber... 1/3 cup for almond and around 1 to 2 tbsp. for coconut flour)
- 1 cup of pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp pumpkin spice
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- **Optional mix in 1/2 cup of walnuts or pecans
- ***Optional- free cookies for 10 minutes, mix up a batch of skinny chocolate and coat the cookies in it. AMAZING!!!
- Mix dry ingredients well.
- Add wet ingredients and mix well.
- Preheat over to 375 degrees.
- Scoop up 2 tbsp. of batter and lay in balls on to sheet.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool for at least 5 minutes.