Have you ever had the Olive Garden Pumpkin Cheese Cake that they have every fall? Well, this is it, except it’s THM and Low Carb and Sugar Free but simply amazing! It’s an S for those who are wondering! 🙂
You seriously could not tell it wasn’t made with white sugar. My husband (who is my test taster) was very happy! He is not only a meat and potato guy but he’s also a guy who LOVES sweets. I haven’t to keep him indulged and it’s nice to know my desserts don’t hurt his body! 😉
This recipe will be an AMAZING addition to your Fall Menu, especially for the holidays!! I am so super excited to share it with you!
I did use a crust recipe from HealthNutNation here that I really like that is gluten free using only coconut flour. I am going to post the link to the recipe here and then add my tweaks to it in the recipe card below. The recipe does call for honey but I replace the honey with Gentle Sweet or an approved sweetener. You don’t have to use a crust at all if you don’t want too, by the way.
Also, if you don’t have THM Gentle Sweet… first, YOU SHOULD GET IT. It’s the most amazing sweetener I have ever tasted. I am not just saying this because I love THM but I am being 100 % truthful when I say it is AMAZING!! I have tried all the non sugar sweetener out there and nothing compares to the THM Gentle Sweet. If you want to check this out… go to my affiliate store link: THM STORE
Now for the caramel sauce. I used Simply Healthy Homes recipe here, doubling it, but changed out the xylitol for THM Gentle Sweet and only used 1/4 cup . You can also use the THM Gentle Sweet Caramel Sauce Recipes that they posted on the TRIM HEALTHY MAMA Facebook Page.
- One Coconut Flour Crust (link to recipe is above in blog) but keep the honey out and 2 tbsp. of THM Gentle Sweet or your favorite sweetener and add 1 tbsp. extra of coconut flour.
- THM Caramel Sauce Recipe (link to recipe is above in blog) I doubled the recipe and replaced the xylitol with 1/4 cup of THM Gentle Sweet and about 1/2 cup of chopped pecans.
- Pumpkin Cheese Cake
- 2- 8 oz packages of cream cheese
- 1/2 cup of pumpkin
- 1/2 cup of THM Gentle Sweet (you can use 1/2 cup of Truvia or Pyure Stevia or 1 cup of xylitol or Swerve or 1/4 cup of THM Sweet Blend)
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsps. of pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tsps. of vanilla
- a pinch of salt
- Make and bake the pie crust in a well greased pie pan.
- Make the pumpkin cheese cake filling.
- Add all the pumpkin cheese cake ingredients and mix well until smooth.
- Pour into the pie shell.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 55 minutes.
- Take out and allow to cool.
- Make the THM Caramel Sauce and add the pecans.
- Pour over the Pumpkin Cheese Cake Pie and place into a fridge to cool for at least an hour.