Ok, my Trim Healthy Mama friends, I am going to let you in on a little secret…
I HATE OATMEAL…
yep, I cannot not stand oatmeal.
I know… it’s good for me and I need those good carb.
I like oats in COOKIES, does that count?
Anyway, I tried to make my oatmeal tolerable by adding one of my favorite things, PUMPKIN!!!
So here is my take on Pumpkin Baked Oatmeal.
Start with oats… (go check out my printable labels)
Add the other ingredients!
Place in a glass baking dish that has been lightly sprayed with fat free baking spray (I use Coconut Oil Spray).
Cut into big pieces and add a delicious syrup on top…
I used sugar free syrup but Gwen with Gwen’s Nest has a GREAT sugar free syrup HERE…http://gwens-nest.com/stevia-syrup-recipe/
I also topped with a little Reddi Whip and a sprinkle of Pumpkin Pie Spice.
This is an E breakfast.
Smells like Thanksgiving in your kitchen…
did I mention how ready for FALL I am right now??? It’s HOT here in Texas…
Now for a little treat… while taking pictures of this breakfast my little boy hovered around the table waiting for me to finish.
So I snapped a picture of my cutie…
- 1- 15 oz can of pumpkin
- 5 cups of old fashioned oatmeal
- 1 cup of egg whites
- 1/2 cup of greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup of Gentle Sweet or 1/4 cup of Super Sweet Blend or 1/2 cup Truvia or Pyure Stevia
- 2 tsp of pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp maple flavor
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1.5 cups of Unsweetened Almond Milk
- Sugar Free syrup for the top (look above for a link to Gwen's Nest for recipe)
- Fat Free Reddi Whip
- Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Mix all ingredients in a big bowl.
- Pour into a 9X13 glass baking dish that has been lightly sprayed with fat free coconut oil spray.
- Bake for 35 minutes on 350 degrees.
- Cut into big pieces and serve with sugar free syrup, Reddi Whip, & a sprinkle of Pumpkin Pie Spice.
- Enjoy this E breakfast!