Another quick, throw together soup! Hardest part is cutting up the vegetables (so if you have chopped frozen vegetables this is even that much easier)! An E meal that would work with a small scoop of brown rice and even some cooked chicken breast to make it go further.
Start with chopping lots of good veggies! I used red bell peppers, zucchini, onion, garlic, and carrots.
Place the veggies in a heated big soup pot with a tablespoon or so of extra virgin olive oil. Cook the veggies until tender.
Add in fat free chicken broth and canned, rinsed Garbanzo beans. Allow to simmer for an hour or longer (to allow beans to get even more tender- this would work well in a crockpot).
And there you have it! Super easy, very filling, and delicious! We had relatives down at the time and they were impressed! If you follow Trim Healthy Mama, once again, this is an E meal!
- 2- zucchini chopped
- 1- red bell pepper chopped
- 3- cloves of garlic chopped
- 3 or 4 carrots chopped
- 1- onion chopped
- 6 cups of fat free chicken broth
- 4 or 6 cans of garbanzo beans (rinsed)
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp turmeric spice
- 4 tsp salt (or to taste)
- 2 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp favorite Cajun seasoning
- Chop all vegetables.
- Heat a large soup pot and add oil.
- Add vegetables to heated oil in pot.
- Cook veggies until tender or 15 minutes on medium high heat.
- Pour in chicken broth.
- Rinse the canned garbanzo beans and add to pot.
- Simmer for an hour or put in a crockpot on low until the beans are even more tender.
- This would go great with a scoop of brown rice or even cooked shredded chicken breast.