Easy Coconut Almond Macaroons.
Here is a simple cookie recipe for you that doesn’t have a whole lot of ingredients and are just easy to make!
I know some of you are not huge coconut fans.
I AM! I love coconut! So these are super perfect as a dessert of even a snack! Something else cool about these is the fact that they have no sugar, not dairy and no flour! So gluten, dairy, and sugar free!
I used the THM Gentle Sweet sweetener from the (affiliate link –>) Trim Healthy Mama store. You guys, if you are NOT eating real sugar and have yet to find a good sweetener, give the (affiliate link —>) THM GENTLE SWEET a try! This stuff is the best sweetener I have ever tried and I’ve pretty much tried them all!
For this recipe I used a 1.5 tbsp. cookie scoop. If you don’t have that just use full tablespoon of batter. Make sure that you squish it together a little bit so they stay in place as they bake.
Allow them to cool a little while, if you can (I couldn’t)! Or even refrigerate and dip in skinny chocolate! ENJOY!
For my Trim Healthy Mama buddies this is an S snack or dessert.
- 2.5 cups of shredded unsweetened coconut. I use the Wild Oats Organic Shredded Unsweetened Coconut that you can buy from Walmart.
- 1/2 cup of almond flour
- 1/2 cup of THM Gentle Sweet (you can use a little less of Truvia or Pyure or 1 cup of xyilitol or Swerve)
- 1/2 cup of egg whites
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp of almond extract (optional)
- Sprinkle of salt.
- Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix all ingredients together well.
- Use a 1.5 tbsp. cookie scoop to scoop out round amounts and put onto the cookie sheet.
- Bake for 18 minutes.
- After you place the cookies on the cookie sheet make sure you press them together gently (if needed) so they bake in place.
- Also, if you do not have a 1.5 tbsp. cookie scoop you can you a tablespoon sized measuring spoon that is full of batter.