I dreamed these cookies up and literally threw them together on a whim. OH. MY. GOODNESS. Let’s just say they were completely eaten up within minutes of coming out of the oven. I had to save back some batter to take better pictures the next day. The batter was almost devoured by my husband & kids (ok myself too) before I made the last batch to take pictures of. If you like chocolate and you like mint and you just happen to be following THM then try these. But even more than that… they are sugar free goodness that tastes so delish you won’t be able to stop at one! I had them for breakfast two mornings in a row! And I didn’t feel bad about it either!!
These do make at least 24 maybe more like 30 because we ate so much batter… so if you don’t want as many then break the recipe in half. But honestly I might just double the recipe and freeze for any chocolate midnight cravings I have.
Start with creaming the butter and sweetener together! I used the THM Sweet Blend that you can get from the Trim Healthy Mama website. If you don’t have that then just double the amount of Truvia or Erythritol. Add the vanilla, peppermint, and eggs. Mix well.
Place about 2 tbsps. of cookie dough onto your cookie sheet. If you have baking mat you can use it, if that these cookies have enough oil to not stick to the pan. I actually tried both ways. First, with my silicone mat (which I love by the way and you can check it out here…Silicone Baking Mats (2 piece set) – Best Non-Stick Professional Grade Baking Mats Available – Custom corners designed for a perfect fit (11″ X 16 1/2″) for your half-sized baking pans and trays – Website with baking recipes and video care instructions included – 2 Year Unconditional Guarantee so you can purchase with confidence. this is my affiliate link, fyi). The second way was just placing on my regular cookie sheet. Both worked!
- 3 cups of almond meal (I used almond meal because I get it cheaper at Trader Joe's than almond flour)
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup of unsalted butter (two sticks)
- 1/2 cup of cocoa powder
- 1- 4 oz bar of 85% Dark Chocolate (chopped or Lily's Dark Chocolate Stevia sweetened chips)
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tbsps. of THM Sweet Blend (if you do not have this you can use 1/2 to 2/3 cup Truvia or Erythritol or Xylitol)
- 2 tsp peppermint extract
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp of salt (really brings out the flavors)
- Cream butter, sweetener, and extracts together.
- Add eggs.
- Mix well.
- Mix together the almond flour, cocoa powder, salt & baking soda.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to mixer.
- Chop up the dark chocolate bar in chunks.
- Add to the cookie batter.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Put 2 tbsps. of batter onto a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes. (the longer they cool the firmer they become but these are soft cookies not crunchy)