I made these Cut Out Cookies on a whim today! I wanted a cut out cookie for my son’s up coming birthday party (he will be three) but hadn’t found a recipe that I liked that didn’t have loads of sugar/carbs in it!
I thought up a recipe, went straight to the kitchen and put my thoughts into action…. hoping it would turn out! Most of the coconut flour cookies I make are very crumbly! I didn’t want to deal with a dry crumbly cookie. BINGO!! These are not dry and they hold together well! SO super happy with them! My very picky 9 year old even said they were the Best THM COOKIES I’ve made, haha!
I also didn’t want to use Almond Flour because it doesn’t hold together well for “cookies. But these do! Just MAKE SURE and KEEP the dough COLD. I placed my dough in the freezer after every roll and then once I cut the cookies with cookie cutters I froze again so I could take them easily to the cookie sheet with out the cookies breaking.
These cookies are not hard but more of a soft but not crumbly cut out cookies or “sugar cookie”! I will try and do a Baking Blend Option as soon as I bake up another batch!!
So here we go…
Start with the batter…
Dump dough onto plastic wrap.
Roll out and freeze for about 15 minutes.
Using cookie cutters, cut out shapes and then re-freeze without taking the cookies off the plastic. Then place cut outs on parchment paper on a cookie sheet or baking stone.
Bake and then allow to cool completely.
Mix up icing… (I added a couple drops of blue food coloring).
- Cookie Dough-
- 1 cup of coconut flour (scoop & shake)
- 1/2 cup of golden milled flax seed (scoop & shake)
- 1- 8 oz package of cream cheese (I used 1/3 less fat)
- 1/2 cup of room temp butter unsalted
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup of Swerve (Erythitol)
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup of powdered xylitol (I used my coffee grinder to grind it very fine)
- 6 tsp of heavy whip
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp of almond flavor
- Couple drops of liquid stevia or powdered stevia (optional)
- Couple drops of liquid food couples (optional)
- pinch of salt
- I put all of the cookie dough ingredients together and mix with a hand mixer.
- Put dough onto plastic wrap and flatten thin with a rolling pin.
- Place in freezer and freeze for 15 minutes.
- Take and cut out shakes but leave shapes in dough.
- Freeze again for 5 minutes.
- Take dough shapes and place on a cookie sheet covered in parchment paper.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 375 degrees.
- Freeze excess dough in freezer and repeat the directions above until all cookies are made.
- Allow to cool completely before icing.
- For icing, grind xylitol very fine with a coffee grinder.
- Mix in all ingredients and mix well.
- Ice cookies once cookies are cool.
- ***Keep dough COLD until ready to bake.