If you have not tried a quiche for breakfast… you should!!! It’s fairly easy with simple ingredients and makes a great protein packed Trim Healthy Mama breakfast!!
I woke up early this morning wanting to make a really good breakfast for my family and had two thoughts… THM PANCAKES OR QUICHE.
I decided to go with Quiche because I had an E meal the night before AND I was craving BACON!!!!
I looked up on Pinterest for a couple of ideas and found one recipes I liked for a Crustless Quiche but not exactly what I wanted… here is that recipes because the creator of it deserves her praise… http://www.aprettylifeinthesuburbs.com/crustless-quiche/
I started by cooking up several slices of bacon that I had chopped up. When done, I placed on a napkin to remove the extra grease.
I also chopped up 1/2 a cup of onion and one garlic clove and cooked that in Kerrygold butter (if you have never tried Kerrygold butter… YOU MUST!). Once cooked I placed that on the bacon to remove any extra grease.
I cracked my eggs, added the half & half, yogurt, cheese, chopped spinach & salt & pepper. Mixed it well. Poured into my well greased pie dish and baked.
Pretty food is so much better to eat! Ha! This is an S if you follow Trim Healthy Mama!! The filling is really endless… so make it your own! Also, you can top it with so many things. I put a fresh salsa on top, but chopped chives or a dollop of sour cream would all be wonderful!
- 8 eggs
- 1.5 to 2 cups of chopped, cooked bacon (you can use turkey bacon or even sausage)
- 1/2 cup of onion cooked in butter
- 1 garlic clove chopped and cooked with onion in butter
- 2 handfuls of fresh baby spinach chopped
- 4 tbsp. parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup of half & half
- 1/2 cup of greek yogurt
- salt & pepper to taste
- Grease a deep 9" pie dish with butter.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Chop up the bacon and cook.
- Chop up and cook the onion and garlic in butter.
- Remove cooked bacon from pan and place on a napkin covered plate to catch the extra grease, add the cooked onion and garlic to the plate of bacon.
- Chop up the spinach.
- In a large bowl crack the eggs.
- Add the yogurt, cheese, half and half, spinach, and salt & pepper.
- Mix well.
- Pour into the well grease pie dish and bake for 40 minutes.
- Cut and serve!