This is an easy summer crockpot meal! Hot dogs just scream SUMMER, so you might have them around.
Serve this up with pita chips if you are a Trim Healthy Mama follower (I used Joseph Lavash Bread that I toasted in the oven and crunched into pitas but you could also use low carb tortillas) or you could use Baked Blue Corn Tortillas (I get mine from Trader Joe’s) as a crossover.
Seriously this is soooooooooo good!! You can take this to a party and use as a party dip!! Quick, easy, and seriously good!!! It is an S meal too! Enjoy!
**NOTE: You can also bake this in the oven. Just layer as instructed above using cooked beef or turkey and then bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes!
- 2 lbs of ground beef
- 2 packages of hot dogs (I used all natural beef dogs with no nitrates)
- 2 cans of tomato paste
- chili seasoning (I use 1 tbsp. of garlic powder, 1/4 cup of chili powder, 3 tbsp. of cumin, 1 to 2 tsp of salt, and pepper.)
- 1 to 2 cups of water depending on how watery you want it.
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 cups of cheese
- Joseph Lavash Breads or Low Carb Tortillas - toasted
- Or Bake Blue Corn Tortilla Chips (for a crossover)
- Cook hamburger meat, tomato paste, seasoning and water on high for 5 hours, stirring occasionally.
- About 30 minutes before you eat, add chopped hot dogs into the crockpot.
- Chop onion and add to half to the dish or save to sprinkle on top of a bowl.
- Add cheese to the top, onions, and mustard.
- Toast Joseph Lavash Breads or Low Carb Tortillas in the oven until you can break into pita chips. (5 mins on 400 degrees)
- Optional: You can bake this in the oven by using cooked beef or turkey meal and layering like directions say above, add cheese, and bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees!
- This is a great S meal or party appetizer for us Trim Healthy Mamas!