(This post contains affiliate links.)
Chicken Spaghetti- my different take on “regular spaghetti”! This is a family favorite meal, right here!
Ground beef or turkey spaghetti is good but here is just something even better about Chicken spaghetti.
Just adds that extra something!
Now this is made to be an S (for my Trim Healthy Folks) but you could keep the cheese light and make it an FP.
I usually sauté onion and garlic in this but you could add extra veggies or even spinach to fill it with lots of yumminess!
**NOTE: to keep this gluten free & lower carb you would need to use either zucchini noodles (using this machine right here… Spiralizer® aff link) or you could use spaghetti squash or even the Trim Healthy Noodles made my Trim Healthy Mama (which you can buy here at my aff store link )
Also, my sauce is more of a sweeter sauce… I use the THM sweeteners to give it that perfect taste. If you don’t like the sweeter spaghetti sauce, just add less of the sweetener. I do recommend that you add a little to keep the bitterness of the tomato paste to a minimum! Here is my affiliate link to THM GENTLE SWEET
- 4 chicken breasts
- 3 small cans of tomato paste
- 1/2 cup of chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove crushed and chopped
- 5-6 cups of water (more if not saucy enough)
- 1 tsp of garlic powder (if you do not have the garlic clove use 2 to 3 tsps. of garlic powder)
- 1 tbsp. dried oregano
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 to 3 tsp (more if not sweet enough) of Gentle Sweet or Truvia or Pyure Stevia or 1 tsp of Super Sweet Blend or 1/4 cup or more of Xylitol. For liquid stevia start with a half a dropper full until perfectly sweetened for you.
- 1 cup of shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 cup of grated parmesan cheese (green container)
- **To make gluten free use 2 large zucchinis and make noodles, or a whole spaghetti squash
- You can also use the Not-So-Naughty Noodles made by THM (I did while my family had Dreamfields)
- 1- Dreamfields box of spaghetti noodles (if you are ok with not gluten free)
- Cook the chicken thoroughly in butter or high heat tolerant oil.
- Allow to rest for 5 minutes while you chop your onion and garlic.
- Chop chicken into bite sized pieces.
- Add the onion, chicken and garlic back into big heated pan and cook for 5 minutes on medium.
- Add the tomato paste and water.
- Stir well.
- Add spices and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Very last add in your cheeses.
- Noodlize your zucchini if using zucchini noodles or prepare your spaghetti squash or Dreamfields pasta.
- Serve chicken spaghetti over your preferred noodles!
- This sauce is more of a sweet sauce which my family LOVES!!