These little beauties are GREAT for a Superbowl party!! Easy to whip up and your husband will THANK YOU!!! I mean, seriously, bacon, onion, mushrooms and cream cheese?! WHY YES!!
Prepare the mushrooms by removing the stems. Save the stems for soups! Here is a tip for you though… do NOT wash mushrooms with water. They soak it up and are yuck. Just use a damp towel and wipe the mushrooms down!
Start with chopping up the bacon. Add the onion and garlic to the cooking bacon. PS… you can use turkey bacon if you are not into pork bacon! 🙂
ENJOY! Again, your husband will be so happy! These are an S for my Trim Healthy Mama buddies!!
- 16 medium portabella mushrooms cleaned and stems removed
- 1- 8 oz block of cream cheese (I used 1/3 fat)
- 6 pieces of bacon
- 1/4 cup of onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- A small handful of chopped cilantro
- A sprinkle of salt and pepper
- *optional 1/2 tsp Cajun seasoning
- Horseradish Ranch Dip
- 2-4 tbsp. good Ranch Dip
- 2- tsp grated horseradish
- 1 green onion chopped thin
- 1 to 2 dashes of red pepper sauce
- A sprinkle of THM Sweet Blend or your favorite sweetener (less than 1/8 tsp)
- Removed stems from cleaned mushrooms.
- Chop and place bacon in a skillet on medium heat.
- Chop 1/4 cup of onion and a clove of garlic.
- Add garlic and onion to bacon.
- Cook until completely done.
- Place on paper towels to remove as much of the grease as possible.
- Chop up cilantro.
- Add cilantro and bacon mixture to the room temperature cream cheese.
- Add seasoning.
- Mix well.
- Stuff mushrooms with mixtures.
- Make at 450 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve.
- Mix all ingredients.
- A little goes a long way!