Awesome low carb sour cream beef enchiladas.
- 2 lbs of ground beef browned
- 1 can of rotel drained
- 1 packages of Low Carb Tortillas Whole Wheat (I use the Carb Balance Whole Wheat Mission Tortillas)
- Taco Seasoning to taste
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 or more cups of shredded cheddar cheese
- 1– 8 oz package of cream cheese (I used 1/3 less fat)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup of chicken broth or water
- 1– jalapeno seeded & cored
- 1 handful of cilantro cleaned
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
- Brown the ground beef.
- Add taco seasoning and a canned of drained rotel (diced tomatoes and green onions).
- Spray lightly a 9X13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Take a tortilla, fill with beef & cheese, roll up.
- Continue the above step till pan is full.
- In a blender add cream cheese, sour cream, broth or water, jalapenos, cilantro, garlic & onion powder, & salt.
- Blend well.
- Pour over rolled enchiladas.
- Cover with cheese.
- Top with onions.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes or until cheese has melted and dish is heated through.
- **Note if you cannot find the lower carb (3 carbs per tortilla), you could also make this as a casserole with out the tortillas, add extra cheese, more veggies & use another form of low carb lavash or pita (toasted) as chips & make an awesome dip! Or put it over spaghetti squash or even the Dreamfield Pasta!