Mrs. Criddle’s low carb version of the McGriddles.
- 1– 16 oz tube of Turkey or Pork Sausage cut into six to eight patties and cooked… you might have extra patties, we have a couple patties.
- 2 egg whites fresh whisked to stiff peaks
- 1/2 cup of almond flour finally ground (scoop and shake)
- 1/4 cup of coconut flour (scoop and shake- do NOT pack at all)
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 2 tbsp. of THM Gentle Sweet (if you are using THM Super Sweet use about 2 tsp, if you are using xylitol or erythitol use 1/4 a cup, if using Pyure or Truvia use 1 tbsp.)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup of cashew milk or almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla flavoring
- **Optional- you can use 1/2 tsp of maple flavoring to give it more of a maple flavor.
- **Optional- if you feel like the batter needs a little binding, you can add 1/2 tsp of Psyllium husk flakes at the very end.
- Coconut oil spray to spray griddle or skillet
- Sugar free syrup to drizzle over sausage patties and in the batter as cooking.
- Slice the patties & pat into round circles.
- Cook until done.
- Heat griddle at 400 degrees or put a big non stick skillet on medium high heat.
- Mix together the flours (please remember to just scoop gently and shake. You do not want to pack in the flours or it changes the batter consistency.), baking powder, sweetener and salt.
- Add in the 2 whole eggs, cashew or almond milk and mix.
- Whisk eggs whites until you get a stiff peak.
- Gently fold in the egg whites until incorporated.
- Once incorporated, spray griddle with coconut oil or butter.
- Scoop out about 1 1/2 tbsp. of batter and use a spoon to make in a circle large enough for your patty.
- Allow to cook until you can quickly slide a spatula under the pancake (it took longer than a regular pancake for me… possible 1-2 minutes to a little longer each side. Just test your griddle accordingly.)
- As the top cooks, drizzle a little syrup into the raw batter on the griddle.
- Slide a non-stick spatula under the pancake QUICKLY.
- Flip and cook the other side.
- Do this until you have used the batter up.
- Assemble the McCriddles.
- Take two pancakes, place a sausage in between and drizzle pancake syrup over the sausage.
- **Optional- you can cook up and egg to add to this.
- ***NOTE- these do freeze well. If you are making ahead to freeze, do not put the syrup on.
- Wrap well or place in freezer baggies.
- Take out and heat up for 1 minute.
- Drizzle syrup on.