(this post contains affiliate links)
Did anyone else ever make Scotch-A-Roos? The Rice Krispy Treat that is covered with a chocolate butterscotch topping?
Well, I did, all the time growing up!
I NEEDED to make a crunchy peanut buttery chocolate butterscotch covered treat to go with my pregnancy craving…
And this is what I came up with!
The CRUNCH Bottom Part is AMAZING!!! Especially if you liked my Peanut Butter Cup Dip!
And the other cool thing about this treat is there isn’t any baking involved!
Just toast up the unsweet coconut shreds and almond slivers!
That’s it! Then mix with the other ingredients for the bottom…
I seriously could have eaten this by it’s self! It’s that good! Flatten in a buttered 9X13 glass dish.
Mix up the topping.
Pour on top.
Freeze or Refrigerate depending on how fast you want it. Cut up and serve!!
Now, my THM friends, this is an S. It is gluten free, sugar free, and low carb.
I did use the new Sweetener by TRIM HEALTHY MAMA called Gentle Sweet. You can buy it here at my affiliate store… HEREPrint
- 1 cup of toasted almond slivers
- 2 cups of toasted unsweetened coconut shreds
- 1 –8 oz package of cream cheese
- 1/2 cup of peanut butter (sugar free)
- 1/2 cup of the THM GENTLE SWEET or 1/3 cup of Truvia or 1/3 cup of Pyure Stevia
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup of peanut butter
- 1 package Lily’s Mini Chocolate Chips or favorite sugar free Chocolate Chips
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1/2 to 1 tsp of butterscotch extract/flavoring
- 1/2 cup of Gentle Sweet or 1/3 cup Truvia or 1/3 cup Pyure Stevia
- Mix peanut butter, cream cheese, sweetener, and vanilla together.
- Mix in the toasted coconut and almonds.
- Press into a buttered 9X13 glass dish.
- Heat the peanut butter & coconut oil and sweetener in the microwave for 40 seconds.
- Add the chocolate chips and mix.
- Heat another 30 seconds if needed.
- Mix well and pour over the top of the peanut butter crunch.
- Freeze or Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until hard.
- Cut into 12-15 squares.
- Serving Size: 12