A tart but sweet Lemon Cream Bar recipe that is perfect for any party or event!
- 3/4 cup of room temperature butter
- 1/2 cup of coconut flour
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp. of THM Sweet Blend (or 2 tbsp. Truvia or your favorite sweetener)
- 2 tbsp. of lemon juice
- 1– 8oz package of cream cheese or 1/3 less fat cream cheese
- 4 eggs plus 2 egg yolks
- 3 tbsp. THM Sweet Blend (or 6 tbsp. Truvia or your favorite sweetener)
- 4 tbsp. coconut flour
- 3/4 cup of lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla
- a pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp. of lemon zest
- Lemon Cream Sauce: (optional)
- 1 tbsp. of Swerve
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- 1 tbsp. of Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 tsp fresh lemon zest
- (you could also replace the cream with straight juice and make more of a glaze)
- Double this if you want a thicker coating.
- Mix dry ingredients together well.
- Line a 9X13 baking dish with foil and grease well with butter.
- Press crust batter into the baking dish with greased plastic wrap.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes at 375 degrees until a golden crust appears.
- While this bakes mix the filling ingredients together.
- Take the crust out and pour the filling into the crust and put back into the over to bake
- Bake for 30 minutes at 375 degrees.
- Allow to cool completely before placing into the refrigerator.
- Cool for an hour in the refrigerator before removing from the pan by holding each side of the foil and gently lifting out of the baking dish.
- Cut into bars or squares as desired.
- *Optional- add the cream sauce to the top and enjoy!!
- Be sure and place into the fridge to get cold. It helps the crust to stay firm! 🙂