Faux Reese’s Cupcakes (low carb/thm s)- these cupcakes are a spin on Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups but are low carb & sugar-free!
- Chocolate Cupcake Batter:
- 1 2/3 cup of THM Baking Blend
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cup of THM Gentle Sweet ( you can use 1 cup of Truvia or Pyure or 2/3 cup of THM Super Sweet)
- 2/3 cup of melted coconut oil
- 3 eggs room temperature
- 1 cup of unsweetened cashew milk, almond milk or coconut milk
- 2 tsp of vanilla
- 1 cup of very hot water
- Pinch of salt
- Peanut Butter Buttercream-
- 2 1/3 cup Powdered Swerve
- 1 cup THM Pressed Peanut Flour
- 1 1/3 cups of unsalted butter (2 sticks but 5 tablespoons)
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tsp of unsweetened cashew milk or almond or half and half
- 2 tsp vanilla
- Pinch of salt
- Chocolate Drizzle-
- 1/2 cup of Lily’s Chocolate
Preheat oven 350 degrees.
Combine dry ingredients (baking blend, baking soda & powder, cocoa powder, sweetener) in a bowl.
Add the coconut oil. Mix.
Add the eggs and mix.
Add the cashew milk and vanilla, mix well.
Heat water in microwave or stove until very hot but not boiling.
Slowly at to batter while mixing… be very careful.
Make sure all is combined.
Line your cupcake pan with cupcake liners.
Fill 2/3 full or put 3 tbs. of batter in.
Bake for 22 minutes.
Cool before piping buttercream on top.
To make buttercream, place all buttercream ingredients into a big bowl.
Mix well until combined… this could take a minute or two.
Place in a piping bag with a star tip (Wilton 2D) & gently pipe in a circle rotation pipe onto cooled cupcakes.
For chocolate drizzle-
Microwave chips in a microwavable bowl for one minute, mix and microwave again for 30 seconds.
Drizzle chocolate over the top.
Keep cupcakes refrigerated.