If you are a cowboy cookie fan you will love these protein bites!
- 1/2 cup of unsalted butter (1 stick) (you can use coconut oil but you will have to keep the bites frozen)
- 5 tbsps. of THM Gentle Sweet (if you are using Truvia or Pyure use 3 to 4 tbsps., if using Swerve us 1/3 to 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup of THM Pristine Whey Protein Powder
- 2 tbsps. of old fashioned oats chopped fine (if you would rather not use this you can just add in more almond flour 2 tbsp. or add in 2 tbsps. of oat fiber or even peanut flour)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp Black Strap molasses
- A good pinch of mineral salt
- 1/2 cup of pecans or walnuts or almonds
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup of THM Chocolate chips (if you cannot find those use Lily’s Stevia Sweetened chips or even a dark chocolate bar chopped)
- Place butter and sweetener in a big bowl and mix with hand held mixer until whipped together.
- Add in almond flour, protein powder, and oats or one of the other options.
- Mix well.
- Add in vanilla, molasses and salt.
- Mix together the nuts, chips and coconut shreds.
- Mix well and place 1 well rounded tsp or for a bigger bite a tbsp. of dough on to a cookie sheet covered in parchment or wax paper.
- Freeze until cold.
- Store in a container in fridge or freezer.
- These are about a carb each ball.