I have been experimenting more with coconut flour… it’s a hard one to work with but I am liking it more and more! It is very dense so you need lots of moister to keep it moist! I made this by accident but it turned out so well I thought I would add it to my breakfast menu!
*NOTE: I use a store bought organic coconut flour that is super fine. I basically scoop & shake the coconut flour out of my measuring cup. A little extra coconut flour can turn it dry. But I think with the cream cheese this recipe should not be dry! 🙂
Mix up the sour cream maple glaze.
Allow the bake to cool for 10 minutes if you would like or cut it up right away. Spread a little of the maple glaze over the top and top with bacon. (you don’t have to add the bacon but if you like that salty flavor with the sweet, it is a MUST)!
For my Trim Healthy Mama friends this is an S breakfast. With lots of good fiber from the coconut flour and plenty of protein! To learn more about the amazing Lifestyle of a Trim Healthy Mama click here.Print
A THM Breakfast Bake! It is an S and big enough to feed 6 to 9 people. Great for brunch! Gluten free, sugar free and low carb yumminess!
- 1/2 cup of store bought coconut flour (scoop & shake of the excess)
- 1- 8 oz package of cream cheese
- 1/2 cup of room temp butter (unsalted)
- 4 eggs
- 3 tbsp. of THM Sweet Blend (or you can use Truvia 1/3 cup or stevia)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Sprinkle of salt
- 1/2 cup of almond flour
- 2 tbsp. melted unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp. of THM Sweet Blend (or 2 tbsp. Truvia)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- A sprinkle of salt
- Maple glaze-
- 1/3 cup of sour cream
- 2 tbsp. half & half
- 1 tsp of THM Sweet Blend (or truvia you can make this more or less sweet)
- 1/2 tsp maple extract
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- A sprinkle of salt
- Cooked Bacon- chopped or crumbled
- Mix cream cheese, eggs & butter.
- Add the dry ingredients of the batter & mix well.
- Spray a glass 9X 13 with coconut cooking spray or grease with butter.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pour batter into greased pan.
- Make almond topping and drop over the top of the bake.
- Bake in the center for 25 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Mix together the ingredients of the sour cream maple topping.
- Cook bacon and chop for the top.
- Take bake out of oven and allow to cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Cut into big pieces.
- Drizzle maple glaze over the top and sprinkle with bacon.
- YUM. ENJOY!!
- Serving Size: 6