(This Post Contains Affiliate Links.)
Chocolate Peanutty Cookies
I’m so excited to share this cookie recipe with you! I’ve had this idea to try this combo for a while but finally had a push to do it. I give you a little secret… my husband made a deal with me that if I published a cookbook he would remodel my kitchen! He’s a master plumber so that wouldn’t be too hard of a thing for him. Anyway, hopefully you will not only see more recipes on my blog but a cookbook really soon!
Back to these cookies… I’ve created two options for them. One completely grain free… using almond flour. And the other using THM Baking Blend. Also, so you know, these are dairy free. I’ve had to go dairy free for a little while to help heal up my body.
I’m thinking if you wanted to use butter it would work to replace 1/2 a cup for 1/2 a cup but I have NOT tried it.
These cookies make exactly 19 cookies. I would probably keep the serving size to 2 or 3 to be reasonable. They remind me a little of devil’s food cookies.
Another thing I wanted to make sure to tell you… these are WAY AWESOMER (haha) when kept in the fridge. Because of the coconut oil they tend to soften when warm so I really really suggest that you keep these in a sealed container in the fridge. They come out chewy/fudgy like! I could probably eat them all myself with a small glass of cashew milk!
As you can see, I rolled some of the cookies in crushed peanuts. You can do as I did or leave them plain, I shown in the back ground. I love nuts and the crunchiness nuts give things so I love them rolled in the peanuts.
If you follow the Trim Healthy Mama plan these would be considered an S dessert.
If you make them please leave me a comment on what you think! Oh and if you would like to purchase the THM Baking Blend, THM Gentle Sweet or other THM PRODUCTS please visit my affiliate links below:
Chocolate Peanutty Fudge like cookies that are sugar free but you couldn’t tell!
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil (use the kind that hardens when cold. I like the Trader Joe’s Brand.)
- 1 cup of THM Gentle Sweet (if you do not have this kind use 1 1/3 cup of xylitol or swerve or 1/2 cup of THM Super Sweet.)
- 1/2 cup of cocoa powder scooped and shaken not packed (I used Hershey’s Brand)
- 1 cup of fine almond flour scooped and shaken not packed (not meal)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp Blackstrap Molasses
- 1 tbsp. of warm water
- a pinch of salt
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 1/2 cup of chopped dry roasted peanuts
- If you want to roll your cookies in peanuts like I did in half of mine use 1/2 cup more chopped peanuts.
- ***THM BAKING BLEND OPTION
- Simple replace the almond flour with 3/4 cup of scooped and shaken not packed THM Baking Blend
- Preheat oven for 375 degrees.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a big bowl mix the coconut oil and sweetener together.
- Add in the cocoa powder, almond or thm baking blend, baking soda, vanilla, molasses, water and salt.
- Mix well.
- Add in the room temp eggs.
- Add in the peanuts.
- Take a 1 1/2 tbsp. scoop and scoop up batter.
- If you want, you can roll the extra chopped peanuts before placing 2″ apart on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 9/10 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Once cooled place in an air tight container and place in the fridge.
- The coconut oil in the recipe makes the cookie soft when room temperature.
- Storing the cookies in the fridge really enhances the cookies so much!
- ***Just a note on the measurements. I do not pack my flours. I always scoop and shake off the excess. So just remember to scoop and shake.