Cauliflower Chowder (THM S, Low Carb)
This was one of those spur of the moment meals that turned out to be a BIG HIT!!! Even for my little almost 7 year old who HATES all things cauliflower!! My husband said “AH-MAZING”!!
I mean, come on… who doesn’t like bacon, butter, cream cheese, bacon, butter… lol!!!
Another easy one here… hardest part is cookin’ the bacon (if you are afraid of getting popped with bacon grease… like me).
Steam the cauliflower…
Chop vegetables and add to the bacon grease….
Mash the cauli just a little and add the other ingredients. Mash a little more… you want to leave it some what chunky.
After veggies are cooked, drain on a paper towel… then add to the cauli chowder.
Top with bacon, cheese & green onions if you want to extend the flavor!! DELISH!!!!
It’s a TRIM HEALTHY MAMA heavy S dish but it hit the spot when we needed quick comfort food!!
COMFORT FOOD! Cheese, bacon, butter, cheese, bacon!! A creamy chowdery cauliflower soup that is lower in carbs and full of flavor!!
- 1 large head of cauliflower steamed
- 1– 12 oz package of bacon cooked (keep bacon grease to cook veggies in)
- 1 yellow squash chopped
- 1/2 cup of onion chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic chopped
- 1 – 8 oz package of 1/3 less fat cream cheese
- 1/2 cup of heavy cream
- 1/4 cup of butter
- 1/2 cup of parm cheese
- 4 cups of chicken broth
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Sprinkle red pepper
- Cheese for topping
- Green onions for topping.
- Steam cauliflower until tender.
- Cook bacon and set aside onto a paper towel to remove extra grease.
- Save grease to cook vegetables in.
- Chop and cook vegetables in the bacon grease.
- Take out cooked veggies and place on a paper towel to drain extra grease.
- Drain and slightly mash cauliflower.
- Add in butter, parmesan cheese, heavy whip, cream cheese, spices.
- Mix until combined but leave chunky.
- Add chicken broth and vegetables.
- Simmer for 10 minutes,
- Top with bacon, cheese and green onions.
- Serving Size: 6