A festive veggie dish that dresses up the plain Brussel Sprouts and gives it a punch!
- 2.5 to 3 cups of Brussel Sprouts
- 2 tbsps. of olive oil
- 1.5 cup of cooked breakfast sausage (place on a paper towel to remove extra grease)
- 1/2 cup to 3/4 cup of chopped walnuts (I love nuts so the more the better)
- 2 tbsp. of fresh cranberries (optional- if you use cranberries make sure you candy them well or they will be tart)
- 2 tsps. of butter (or more)
- 1 to 2 tbsp. of THM Gentle Sweet or Truvia or Pyure Stevia (if using erythitol or xylitol use 1/4 cup)
- 1/4 tsp garlic salt
- 1/8 tsp of nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp of poultry seasoning
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Clean, cut and dry the Brussel sprouts.
- In a bowl mix the sprouts, olive oil and seasonings together.
- Add to a greased cookie sheet and bake at 400 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Stir occasionally to allow to cook evenly.
- While the sprouts are cooking, cook the sausage.
- Once cooked, place on a couple paper towels to remove the extra grease.
- In a small skillet add the butter, chopped walnuts and sweetener (you would also add the cranberries).
- Allow the nuts, butter and sweetener (and cranberries, if using) on medium heat for 6 to 8 minutes until toasted and coasted well.’
- Once the sprouts have finished you can place all the ingredients into a nice serving dish and stir well.
- Enjoy this S side dish!