Y’all this is GOOD!! This is one I am really proud of because it tasted like something I would find in a good Italian Restaurant!
Definitely a big pot of comfort food to keep y’all warm up North or even down here in the South!
It’s a one pot meal and could even be put in a crockpot!
If you can find fresh parmesan it’s so delish grated on top!
Hope you give it a try! From my Trim Healthy Mama friends, this is an S because of the turkey sausage.
The beans only add a small amount of carbs to the 6-8 servings! You might could keep it lean enough to be an FP but I’d just rather enjoy it with CHEESE!
If you would rather not have the beans just leave them out.
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin oil oil or triple filter coconut oil
- 8- large Italian flavored turkey sausages with covering taken off and smashed to be more ground turkey
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic chopped
- 2 small zucchinis chopped
- 1 cup of mushrooms chopped
- 1 can of kidney beans in juice
- 1 can of diced tomatoes in juice
- 1 bag of baby spinach or 2 big handfuls
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- Mineral Salt to taste
- Pepper- be generous
- 4 cups of chicken broth
- 2 cups of water
- In a big dutch oven or soup pot put the oil on medium heat.
- Remove the lining off of the turkey sausage and smash up in the pot until you get a ground turkey consistency.
- Cook meat until browned.
- Chop all veggies and add to meat.
- Cook until tender (5-7 minutes).
- Add in the beans & tomatoes in their juices.
- Add seasoning and salt & pepper.
- Add in broth and water.
- Add in the spinach and simmer for 15-30 minutes.
- Pour in bowls and sprinkle parmesan cheese on top & olives if you want & fresh basil (optional).