Fall is here and it’s SOUP time!!! Nothing better than cooler days and night and warm comforting soup!
Love this soup! Love creamy mushroomy beefy flavors period!
This is easy… no crazy ingredients unless you call Kale a crazy ingredient! Some of you might have grown Kale in your gardens and have an abundance of it! I love Kale! It’s one of my favorite greens! It’s a good hearty green that is awesome in soups but doesn’t have a sour taste or weird bite to it… I hope you will give it a try!
Add in the browned ground beef (I had some in the freezer that I took out and thrawed… be sure to run the beef over hot water to remove some of the fat).
Once the vegetables are cooked through add the beef broth, heavy whipping cream and seasonings.
This is an S soup for all my Trim Healthy Mama buddies!!
- 2 lbs of ground beef (rinse off the fat by running hot water over it)
- 4 to 6 cups or beef broth (or 4 cups of broth & 2 cups of water)
- 2 cups of mushrooms (more if you like mushrooms like I do)
- 4 cups of chopped kale
- 1/2 a large onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1/3 cup (more if you like it very creamy) of heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup of butter
- 2 tbsp. of liquid aminos (or a good soy sauce if you have one)
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp oregano
- salt to taste
- Chop vegetables.
- Melt butter in a soup pan.
- Add mushrooms, garlic, & onions to the melted butter.
- Cook on medium heat until vegetables are cooked through and translucent.
- Add the rinsed ground beef to the vegetables.
- Add the beef broth, liquid aminos, seasonings, & heavy cream to the pot.
- Chop the kale and add it to the soup.
- Allow to simmer for 20 to 30 minutes until the kale has reduced in size.