I’ve made quite a few things using almond flour. I like almond flour but I wanted to try coconut flour to switch it up a little. I LOVE this brownie recipe. I think it’s better than the almond flour brownies. These brownies were moist, I love that. You can just throw everything together but try to keep the wet ingredients for last… the coconut flour absorbs the wet quickly.
Now these are an S for my Trim Healthy Mama Buddies!! So you can enjoy these yummy brownies after an FP meal or S meal. Also, I used xylitol. This can give people bathroom issue (uhum) so if you want to try Truvia or Stevia you can do that. Using Stevia shouldn’t mess up the batter, bulk wise, because the coconut flour absorbs everything anyway. You can sweeten anyway you want, just taste it. 🙂 Also, I did add about 1/2 a cup of Hersey’s Sugar-free Chocolate Chips. These are not on plan if you are a Trim Healthy Mama follower but they are optional anyway! 🙂 You could use chopped up 85% dark chocolate bits instead or stevia sweetened chocolate chips. If you use the stevia sweetened chips can you comment and tell me! I would love to know what kind you use and where you get them! Always looking for better ingredients!!
- 1 cup coconut flour make sure not to pack flour but scoop & smooth off. You might want to take out about 2 tbsp just so it's not packed in & won't dry out the batter.
- 1 cup plus 4 tbsp of butter or coconut oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/3 cup of xylitol or 3/4 to a cup of truvia or 1/3 cup plus 3 tbsp. THM Sweet Blend
- 8 eggs
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup sugar free chocolate chip (this is optional but I think it helped add moister into the brownies)
- 1/2 cup nuts (optional)
- Mix dry ingredients.
- Add wet ingredients.
- Mix well.
- Add nuts and chocolate.
- Spread in a greased 13X9 baking pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes increase as needed at 300 degrees.
- I made a chocolate whipped cream for a topping but honestly I liked the brownies with out the whipped topping. Add 4 tbsp. of heavy whipping cream, 4 tsp Truvia, 1 tsp of vanilla, 2 tbsp. cocoa powder. Whip up and add a spoonful. You could even do a butter glaze to keep it moist.