I have been wanting a blackberry cobbler for a while. But I never seem to get the berries when I’m at the store. This time, however, I actually did!
Blackberries take me back to my childhood when my brother and I used to go pick them on our land and mom would make us a cobbler. It was so good and so full of sugar. So I decided to try it without all the sugar!
Boy am I ever happy with this recipe!! It is not a cobbler but rather a crumble… and I LOVE IT!!
Mix the dry ingredients together for the crumble. **If you do not have oat fiber your can get it at the Trim Healthy Mama store (click on the words for link)
Or you can also just use all almond flour!
Serve up a big helping with a scoop of homemade sugar-free low-carb ice cream or have a treat and use the Breyer’s Low Carb ice cream! You could even make a bowl of homemade whipped cream to put on top!
I hope you enjoy this dessert! It is definitely one of my favorites! It really does bring me back to my childhood. And if you want to check out Trim Healthy Mama, you should! (<—- click the link.
- 2 1/2 cups of fresh blackberries cleaned
- 2 tbsp erythitol
- 3 tbsp THM Gentle Sweet (you could use 2 tbsp of Truvia or a doonnk of stevia)
- 1/2 tsp almond flavor (you can use vanilla instead of almond)
- Crumble Topping-
- 3 tbsp THM Gentle Sweet
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup of almond flour
- 1/4 cup of oat fiber (if you do not have this just use 1/4 cup more of almond flour or even coconut flour)
- 1/2 cup of unsalted butter cold
- Sprinkle of salt
- 1/4 cup of slivered almonds
- Mix 2 tbsp of Erythitol & 1/2 tbsp of THM Gentle Sweet with the berries.
- Add the almond or vanilla flavor and mix.
- Grease a 9X9 baking dish.
- Place berries in the baking dish.
- Mix dry crumble ingredients together except the almond slivers.
- Cut up the cold butter into chunks.
- Work the butter into the crumble.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sprinkle the crumble over the top of the berries.
- Sprinkle slivered almonds over the top.
- Bake at 30 minutes until a golden brown.
- Serve with homemade low carb ice cream or Breyer's Low Carb Ice Cream or even a scoop of homemade whipped cream.